Thursday, September 5, 2013

{Savoring September} A Fall Book

One of the things I am most excited about in regards to having a daughter is I get to share with her several of my loves. One of which is Fall. {Another is Anne of Green Gables, but that's for another day.}

Fall has always been my favorite season, ever since I was a little girl. I love the crunchy leaves, the golden sunlight, the warmth of a cardigan. And let's not forget the blessedly cooler weather. I do live in the very Southern part of the US, however, so our cooler weather won't hit until mid-November. I try to live vicariously through other people who live in places with 4 actual seasons.

I'm being inspired by Sarah Mae and savoring September despite my frustration over the heat. Even though the temperature here is currently 93 degrees, I can still celebrate the beginning of Fall.


I took Maylin to the library and gathered up several books about apples and autumn. This one was a favorite for both of us. How could I not love a book that shaped like an actual autumn leaf, right? And it's a board book, which makes it so easy for Maylin to wrap her little fingers around the edges. 

The illustrations are a bit juvenile for my taste, although I'm sure Maylin liked the colors. For me, the part of this book that hooked me was the words. This was my favorite page. 


All the highlights of Fall, right there on one page. Now if that doesn't get you excited about September, I don't know what will. I hope you're enjoying this new season as much as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment