Friday, September 6, 2013

High Five for Friday



1. I blogged yesterday about taking time to savor September and enjoying the little moments leading up to Fall. One thing Maylin and I did this week was sit out on the front porch. The temperature here is still in the 90s, but that's better than 100 degrees, so sitting in the shade on the porch was actually bearable. I think she rather liked finding all the little "outside treasures" that were around her little space.

2. Michael and I taught ourselves how to play a new card game this week- gin rummy. Have any of you ever played? It's a two-person card game and was pretty fun! I inwardly enjoyed laying down my cards and saying "gin" in a sweet little voice when I won. (Ahem, Game 1: M= 67 points; J=251 points) We had kinda gotten in a rut in the evening where we did the same things over and over, especially after having Maylin. This game spiced things up a bit this week, in a friendly, competitive way.

3. I picked up a few new beauty products this week at Target. (I despise the term "beauty product." So cliche.) I picked up a few different-for-me items to update my morning routine. I'm trying to grow out my hair and bangs, and it's taking for.ev.er. So, in order to give myself a little change from my straight brown locks, I grabbed some Velcro rollers, a new brand of shampoo and conditioner, and a curling iron. I've been working real hard this week on trying to get some volume into this hair of mine. Also, inspired by my sister, I tried out the E.L.F. line of makeup. So inexpensive (which M loves!) yet works pretty well too. I'll definitely be going back for the concealer and blush, but can do without the mascara. I'll stick to my $10 tube of that.

4. How cute are these tiny swimsuits and sun hats??!! And I'm not even going to mention the yellow sunnies. I know I said I'll be saving September, and I will be, but this coming week I'll be doing it from the beach. We're taking a late summer beach trip with my parents, sister, and brother-in-law. Considering I haven't been to a beach since I graduated college four years ago, I am very much looking forward to it. I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes, listen to the waves, and relax beneath an umbrella. So, as soon as I finish this post, I'm back to packing.

5. My furry firstborn and constant companion. He follows me around the house all day and I love him for it.

I hope your week was wonderful, too! Linking up with Lauren for H54F. Have a fabulous weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana, your blog caught my eye and I enjoy reading along, so I nominated you for a Liebster Award, which is just a fun way to connect with other bloggers and answer questions to get to know one another. If you’re interested, check out my post:
    http://sea-bella.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete