Saturday, January 11, 2014

{Taking Stock} 02



Making:: time to finish reading "The Fitting Room" by Kelly Minter.
Cooking:: French Onion soup with toasted bread later this week- tonight, though, out for sushi!
Drinking:: the limited edition Caramel Flan Latte from Starbucks. Best favor I've done myself all week.
Reading:: the Jesus Storybook Bible with Maylin every morning during our first nursing session. One of my resolutions is to read an entire story Bible to her over the course of this year. If you're looking for a theologically sound children's Bible that clearly expresses God's love, this one is it.
Wanting:: the Saints to beat those dirty Seahawks in this weekend's game.
Looking:: through Maylin's pregnancy photo book I made on Shutterfly. It perfectly captures all the exciting moments of our first pregnancy, and I can't wait to make another one for little sister.
Playing:: the latest album from The Civil Wars. Track 5 is my favorite.
Wishing:: this drab January rain would let up for a day so I can get out for a walk in the fresh air.
Enjoying:: rising from bed at 5:00 AM {when I had to get up that early to teach I never thought I'd be saying this!} to do prenatal yoga and pilates, then drinking coffee with M while getting dressed for the day. It's nice to be completely ready by the time Maylin gets up at 7:30. {This too is a New Year's Resolution.}
Waiting:: on my recently ordered fur vest from Brickyard Buffalo to arrive at my doorstep.
Liking:: the new body pillow I got for Christmas. I also like the good nights' sleep it's been giving me.
Loving:: cuddling and nursing Maylin. These special mama/baby times are about to come to an end {with her} so I'm trying to soak up as much memory from it as I can.
Smelling:: a new candle M got in his Birchbox- "Speakeasy" by Votivo. It's got just the right scent of masculine swag, and he burns it by his bathroom sink.
Following:: the eating_whole feed on Instagram for ideas for meals.
Wearing:: this metallic polka dot scarf from Target.
Noticing:: the little ways Maylin is growing up, as if she's changing before my very eyes.
Thinking:: about baby gear we'll need since we'll be adding an extra, such as a double stroller and a front facing car seat.
Bookmarking:: these tips about juicing and these ideas for overnight refrigerator oatmeal.
Procrastinating:: on cleaning the baseboards of this house. It's a dirty job, but it's got to be done.
Opening::  a five pound bag of fresh grapefruit I bought at the grocery store this morning. Maybe it's a pregnancy craving, but I can't get enough of this citrus right now.
Pinning:: ideas for Maylin's first birthday party.
Feeling:: content.
Savoring:: the sensation of two strong little legs kicking away inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment