Friday, August 30, 2013

High Five for Friday

This is my first High Five for Friday post!

I first discovered this link up by reading my friend Lauren's blog. I've been toying with the idea of starting my own Friday series, but for now I believe I'll just join in the fun with this one. It's kinda enjoyable looking back through my week and thinking about the five moments that stood out to me most. Really makes me appreciate those little times to which I may not have given a second thought if it weren't for this little reflective exercise. 

So without further ado....



{1} Thursday Morning Beignets: What is better than warm fried dough topped with mounds of powdery sugar? Eating them while drinking a large caramel coffee. Oh, and the fact that I munched calorie-laden breakfast food instead of working out.

{2} Visiting Our Alma Mater: We took an impromptu trip to our college campus to pick up a few items for the upcoming football season. And of course, since it was Maylin's first visit, we had to get a picture of her next to the fountain in the quad. A sweet college girl offered to take a picture of the three of us. 

{3} Sunday Lunch: Isn't this picture the sweetest? I'm so glad I was able to capture this memory on film. My mammaw rocking her great-granddaughter.

{4} Posture Perfect: This little baby has been sitting up for one week. I love how straight her back is when she sits. No slumping, this one. Sits just like a little lady. 

{5} Living Proof Live Conference: I wrote about this conference here. Very powerful and very inspiring.



I hope your week was filled with interesting moments like mine was. 
Happy Friday! 
And hooray for a long weekend!


Linking up with {the other} Lauren for H54F





6 comments:

  1. Hi welcome to High Five for Friday! You're little girl is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Beignets, but they sound suspiciously like funnel cake, and now I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very similar to funnel cakes! Beignets are just the New Orleans version, a funnel cake with a fancy French name. :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! So excited to be able to read your blog. And I think you'll enjoy Lauren's blog too, she has the best fashion sense. And have you heard of her Sis, Kate from The Small Things Blog?? GREAT, hair tutorials. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read Kate's blog this morning! I tried the tutorial for long wavy hair she just posted. Glad we reconnected in the blogging world!

      Delete